We have worked with landscapers, adhesive manufacturers and stone specialists to ensure that we supply the correct information to our customers when we advise on laying paving.
Should you need further assistance please contact us.
- Compact Earth
- Infill and compact a minimum of 100-150mm of clean crushed aggregate, ideally recycled to provide a solid base on which you can build upon.
- Blind of the top with 6mm Limestone chippings and compact (30kg per mtr.sqr)
- Paving to be bedded on a full layer of wet bedding mortar made up of 3 parts sharp sand, 3 parts 6mm grit and 1 part Bedding Mortar at 30mm depth.
- Before laying the slab, the back needs to be coated with a thin layer of UltraTileFix Propave Primer, ensuring that the whole reverse is covered.
- Place and tap the slab down on the bed whilst both layers are wet. The Primer and bedding mortar work together to create a barrier to prevent moisture from making its way to the surface causing a patchy appearance.
- Wet the edge of the paving or use a water based impregnator to prevent picture framing. There are several on the market, guidance is available to help you make the right decision.
- Larsen’s GPM, Larsen’s FJM or TuffJoint Brush In Grout with a minimum 5mm joint. These compounds are available in a variety of colours to give you a range of options when picking your patio. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure correct installation.
- For ease of maintenance the slabs can be sealed using a water-based stone impregnator. There are several on the market, guidance is available to help you make the right decision.
This technique is only a guide; we strongly recommend that you seek a professional to undertake the work.